The Log Lock-up was built in 1872 and was mainly used for overnight detention such as
drunk and disorderly. Court would be held the next morning and guilty offenders
would be taken to Ararat. It served Warracknabeal for nearly 100 years
until a new jail was built in 1965. The Warracknabeal and District Historical Society
has maintained the Log Lock-up since then, and it can be visited at any time.